vendredi 5 février 2010

1 month anniversary

I've been in Copenhagen for more than a month already! It feels like I've been here far longer than that.
I still really like it, though I've started to notice things that really annoy me about Denmark.
a) Danes can't get in line. I must say it is really uncool when you've been waiting and freezing your butt off for 15 minutes for the bus and someone who just got there gets in before you. The good thing is that they are at least conscious of their problem and have installed a "get a number" system. So practically anywhere you go, you need to get a number: at the bakery, the bank, the pharmacy, etc.
b) Snow. At home, I really love snow. I love those cold winter days when the sun is shinning and rays are reflecting on the snow. It's beautiful. But here... it's a mess. Every time it snows, nothing works. Trains/busses and the metro are all late, that is if they come at all. Argh! I was asked: "Does everything work in Montreal when it snows?" YES!! However, to their defence, I must say that this is the coldest winter they've had in the last 20 years and there is quite a considerable amount of snow.

Apart from that, all is well! I've been doing a little more of "tourism" in the last week. I went to Malmö, Sweden with some girlfriends hoping to find a cheaper bike there, which turned out to be a big f-a-i-l. There was a blizzard in Malmø, we were cold, couldn't see anything and my credit card didn't work in many shops. I will definately have to go back during springtime. I've also had lunch at the Copenhagen Royal Café where we had their well-known smushies. It was delicious. The café itself was worth it. It is beautifully decorated. I also did a little bit of shopping as the January sales were coming to an end. I bought many candleholders from Georg Jensen and Holmegaard. Now I can hygge myself in real Danish fashion by lighting up all my candles on those dark evenings.

PS: Classes have started. They have many interesting courses here, I wish I could take them all. I had to restrict to three, but I'll also be visiting a public international law class which promises to be exciting.

Farvel!

2 commentaires:

  1. Est-ce ton choix que de n'avoir que trois cours, ou bien est-ce le programme d'échange qui te limite?
    C'est toujours plaisant de te lire, bien que chacune de tes updates me donne faim - sérieux, tes photos d'orgies de bouffe sont écœurantes.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hahaha! Contente de savoir que mon blog te donne faim!
    3 cours c'est la charge normale ici parce que chaque cours vaut 10ECTS et que 30ECTS (au total) équivaut à 15 crédits de McGil.

    RépondreSupprimer